Sunday, May 22, 2005

Coyne Suspends Comments - Thankfully

Update: I read Andrew's post on the comments. He has every right to disable them because he has to maintain journalistic integrity. It doesn't mean that his right to free speech or freedom of the press was removed. The National Post also has more to loose than bloggers do. Money. Probably lots of it. Not to mention standing. This said:

I want to thank Andrew Coyne for suspending his comments. After reading many of them I was ready to quit making comments or visiting his site altogether. I noticed the same on Small Dead Animals where they seemed even more vitriolic.

For the record Andrew, I did enjoy your blog and many of the commentaries except for the 'whore' stuff, the comments you pointed out and perhaps some of mine (how could that be?...jk...or am I?). All of us will feel responsible for awhile, until we find another blog to attach ourselves like a barnacle.

For what it's worth, if it there is truth to and fruition of Mr. Murphy suing Mr. Coyne via The National Post for libel, he might as well SUE ME too, although I only have .25 cents. And my first born? Already spoken for by Ontario Legal Aid in 1996. And my cat? Well you can't have my cat. And my artwork? I'm working on this story line for that...picture it: "I had to smuggle it out as I am on the run as a political dissident from Canada all the while, when attempting to get the stash to a gallery in New York I have to dodge American authorities because some of it contains hemp fibres ..." You get the idea

1 Comments:

Blogger HR said...

Hans,
thanks for leaving your comment, it's much appreciated.

Hans, your absolutely right. People do want to vent but I thought that's what Chat rooms were for?

I have a personal level of decorum (not that is passes a particular bar in most cases, as I can think of the various examples of expletives I've used when trying to talk to Bell Canada)

I still agree with Andrew although I have to admit it's boring as hell not to comment on his blog, I still like good, rational and intelligent commentary based on facts, not personal insults. I think he has more to loose than myself

In any case, I'm willing to offer up my blog be the proverbial lamp post for the bugs to lite but it will dim by my moderating if comments get out of hand with personal insults, expletives when bashing opposing views or other people. I am interested in collecting facts, forwarded evidence (if someone wishes to use the blog as a way to get out information without getting into deep doo doo or to extrapolate on what I have posted, I am obliging)

So, lite away!

25/5/05 4:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home