Monday, August 15, 2005

Time for a Vacation

Well...it's about time I took a vacation. I'm heading off to see family and to attend a wedding. The blogging may or may not be lighter for the next little while, depends on how distracted I am:

1) I have a number of sculptures from my Lumen series to finish, including one for a wedding present

2) I thought I'd try my hand at 'designing' (screwing around with the original pattern) and sewing some clothes

Besides, I'll be with the ultimate mistress of the needle, my mum. But hey! If you've never been to Hamilton's Ottawa Street fabric and design shoppes, you've haven't lived, even for those who've overdosed on sewing-their-own at one time will find their desire rekindled again.

For example, I found some nice camel coloured satin for .99 cents a metre. Or if your into trims of beads and dangly things, you'll find them here. When you do take that Ottawa St. adventure, be sure to stop at Helen's for her all day breakfast and a milkshake. You'll like the down-to-earth atmosphere.

And if your into old records - you know - vinyl albums - you'll find a great used record shoppe along the way. There's an original Woodstock recording on vinyl and a Lucille Starr of all things! I grew up with that great French-Canadian voice singing along with my mum to Dominique, Jolie Jacqueline and Colinda.

I'm am working on a post that is very detailed and will take some time to write. If I have time today before I leave I may finish Part IV of Journey into Conversion, but look for it in the coming days.

Thanks for reading and have grand week!

HR

1 Comments:

Blogger Candace said...

enjoy your vacation & we'll see you when you're back

16/8/05 1:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home