Thursday, March 02, 2006

Another Consumer Alert

A New Zealand by its Medical Research Institute says patients taking the pain "reliever Celebrex were at nearly twice the risk for heart attacks as those using rival treatments" - from the Canadian Press

When I was diagnosed with reactive arthritis, before I had an MRI to confirm I have degenerative arthritis, I was given Celebrex and Vioxx to handle the pain.

The Celebrex made me itch, which is a side-effect so my rheumatologist switched me to Vioxx.

The Vioxx made my arthitis so bad that I couldn't even walk up a small set of stairs. I have arthritis - but not to the point that I couldn't even lift my legs to walk up 3 steps - all since I had been taking Vioxx.

This isn't the first time I've noticed similar reactions to a drug that actually causes the symptoms of a disease to increase or it actually makes symptoms of a disease that weren't there in the first place.

Once I got off the Vioxx, thanks to my rheumatologist's belief in my adverse reactions, the severe mobility problems were removed and I was put on a more traditional medication and was referred to an excellent physiotherapy program at St. Joseph's hospital in London.

But not all physicians are a concerned about their patient's health and that includes adverse reactions to drugs.

LIST of HAMILTON PHYSICIANS THAT IGNORE ADVERSE DRUG REACTIONS

Since Health Canada does not impose rules against physicians for deliberately ignoring an adverse reaction to a drug and the College of Physicians and Surgeons investigators would rather cover-up for physicians by fabricating evidence or withholding evidence from a disciplinary investigation than protect the public (in contempt of a Supreme Court decision), I am going to list all those physicians that have ignored or deliberately thrown a Health Canada warning across their desk in contempt of it on this blog.

Here's my list to start and they are physicians from Hamilton

Dr. S. Namburi - threw adverse drug reaction from Health Canada across desk
Dr. Christine Adam - McMaster medical student, 6th year resident at St. Joseph's
Hospital in Hamilton - ignored adverse reaction in clinical records
Dr. Qian Lee - McMaster medical student - 1st year resident St. Joseph's hospital - ignored adverse reaction in clinical records
Dr. Jennifer Brasch - St. Joseph's Hospital, Hamilton. Allowed residents to practice medicine without monitoring them
Dr. Marilyn Korsecwa - St. Joseph's Hospital. Ignoring adverse drug reaction before making diagnosis.
Debbie Fournier - Registered nurse - St. Joseph's Hospital. Fabricating and falsifying clinical records.
Marcia Dinsmore- Registered nurse, St. Joseph's Hospital. Making diagnosis based on illegally collected health information and not on adverse drug reaction.
Dr. Ali Hersi - Hamilton General Hospital. Fabricating and falsifying clinical records. Making diagnosis without benefit of a patient to diagnos. Ignoring adverse drug reacion withdrawal
Dr. Krysmanitch - Director, Hamilton General Hospital. Either encouraging or deliberately covering-up for Dr. Hersi.

Yes, that's right you've read correctly. Some of Hamilton's doctors are fabricating their clinical records to avoid their fiduciary responsibility. If anyone else did that it would be considered fraud and a criminal offense.

But we all know that in Ontario, doctors are above the law so forget about getting a police officer to take a statement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home