Friday, April 21, 2006

Taxing Tax

What kind of country taxes tax? Canada is that kind of country.

The Toronto Sun editors are leading the revolt or in Canada's case, loathing of the reduce-the-debt tax that is being taxed on gas purchases.

Everything about cars is expensive. Purchasing one, insuring one, maintaining one and filling one. And having had to quit employment in Windsor because the damn city couldn't offer good transit services (gee I wonder why when the only individuals to sit on the transit board were labour & business reps) it was my way of making a political statement not to purchase a car.

And to make the decision easier after I moved to this wonderful city of Hamilton, I had my car stolen so I didn't bother to replace it and the public transit is excellent anyway. So I will benefit from the proposed tax credit by purchasing a monthly transit pass.

But that doesn't mean any reasonable person would accept taxing tax and accept outrageous fuel costs. So that being said

Dear Prime Minister Harper:

What they said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home