Sunday, July 31, 2005

Bombers "Not Very Bright"

Update August 2 '05: From the New York Times - Pierre de Bousquet, the director of France's domestic intelligence service, known as the D.S.T: "Hard-core Islamists are mixing with petty criminals," he added. "People of different backgrounds and nationalities are working together. [...] The networks are much less structured than we used to believe. Maybe it's the mosque that brings them together, maybe it's prison, maybe it's the neighborhood."

My note: He forgot to include universities and Islamic organizations such as CAIR for example, via electronic mailings to those recieving them. These mailings create a one-sided viewpoint that Muslims or Islam is under attack because of the 'West's Islamophobia'. Gee, I wonder why...

CAIR, for example, is then being irresponsible because anything that is one-sided and out of context is 'dis-information' a.k.a propaganda. Those organizations that send such mailings don't know who is getting them or how those unknown individuals will percieve such mailings.

Update August 1 '05 : From the Associated Press - 2 more suspects detained in bombings. Authorities look for hierarchical order of command.

July 31 Post:

From the CBC: Would be bombers "dopey" and "not very bright" - Senior Official at Scotland Yard.

Perhaps the hierarchy who convinced the bombers, who may be more educated and 'religiously austere' believed the guys were 'kufar' (hypocrites) and the ideal pawns to carry out an attack. In the eyes of religious Muslims, they would have great disrespect for such individuals and probably wouldn't care much about their lives.

In any case, I've met a number of 'austere Muslims' who would commit adultery on their wives without the benefit of an Islamic marriage contract. I even know of one case where an "austere Muslim" pulled on knife on his praying brothers in a mosque because he thought one of the men shouldn't be using prayer beads. He called him a ‘kufar’; but then again, he called everyone a kufar.

It so happened; I worked as a volunteer teacher in this guy's mosque/Islamic school. One day, he and his buddy (both Algerian) used my car for a boost. When they turned on the car, the stereo turned on with it, revealing I was listening to Algerian dance music. I was questioned about my music, why was I listening to it and told I shouldn't be listening to any music except the 'duff' (a drum and the only music austere Salafist Muslims should listen too).

Later that week, on Christmas eve, my 10 yr. old went to take some luggage to the car for a Christmas trip to see my family but came back terrified and crying to let me know the car window was smashed and my stereo system stolen. While the questioning about my music and my stereo getting stolen was probably coincidental, I'm pretty sure I knew who broke into my car.

I suspected a Lebanese guy from Baalbek whom I bought my car from. He sold it to me with a stereo faceplate. When I went to pick up the car a couple of days later, the original faceplate was gone and they weren't going to replace it until I bitched.

As for the stolen stuff, I didn't have the $200 deductible to cover the repairs so none of the damage was covered or stereo replaced by the insurance company. One good thing, they didn't take the Christmas gifts in the trunk.

In any case, this guy was well known in London for auto-theft, possibly part of a ring (the London police knew him and that I suspected him, but did nothing about it). His "uncle" attended one of the mosques in town. (This story has a previous story attached to it...stay tuned to future posts)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home