Saturday, January 14, 2006

Art Crawl II

On Friday I finally finished off a week of work for the remainder of a 300 page submission to the Ontario Commission on Police Services (remember that evidence the O.P.P refused to take or look at, which I posted here awhile back?)

After so much work, I was looking forward to relaxing by attending another gallery crawl in Hamilton's Jamesville last night.

While looking over the illuminated found object sculptures by Brian Kelly I kept over-hearing talk of an article about our beloved art crawls in the Globe & Mail.

Later at Artists Inc., while sipping on some Pelee Island cabernet (not bad, bitter aftertaste though) I was introduced to a journalist by the name of Mowat. We spoke some and I found out it was he who had written the article in the Globe.

I was dissappointed that I didn't hear about it before so I could have posted it here last week.

If you don't has a subscription to the Globe you'll only get to read part of it, but anyway, here's the article.

I would highly recommend getting one of Brian's excruciatingly electic pieces if your an art investor. The price range is from about $150 to $350. There was one you could literally call a table lamp and my personal fav had a sort of '70's style ring belt cascade at the base and a very large torche lamp at the top.

While your at You Me you can ask Bryce to see the Lumen Series - smaller illuminated boxes - made by yours truly. And of course, it wouldn't hurt to purchase one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home