Monday, February 20, 2006

A Blog of Note

Most of you may have noticed that I don't have links to other blogs (except for one). That's to keep this one impartial to a particular political party even though it is assumed that I'm a conservative.

This blog in particular deserves honourable mention and that is the Canadian History - Military News blog.

Every year I pay special attention to Rememberance Day Ceremonies. I stand like everyone else at the memorials - sometimes to the point that I'm in so much pain I'm pretty well laid out for a couple of days (those readers who've been with me awhile know that I have degenerative arthritis).

On those occassions I enjoy listening to the Vets stories. I have often expressed frustration that these stories are not highlighted in well made movies of quality to rival those that come out of the United States.

That quality is deserved and those stories are needed to preserve our historical context. Here's one example - Winston Churchill's address to Parliament & the Senate with a link to the original CBC radio broadcast - "some chicken, some neck"

For this reason I'll be adding this blog to my links.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home