Saturday, May 14, 2005

Swells of Protest

From the New York Times: interrogators in Guatanomo Bay flush the Q'uran down the toilet in an effort to upset detainees.

This may have been a test balloon, to find out where the extremists are in the countries who's hatred runs deep for the west, mostly America. It's a good way to congregate extremists under one cause.

I'm cringing at the effects this action will have. I hope those interrogators know what they are doing and have calculated the reaction.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're giving too much credit to the interrogators. I'm not muslim and I'm offended. I doubt this was a "test balloon," I think it was more likely the act of one or more ignorant buffoons.

14/5/05 1:55 p.m.  
Blogger HR said...

Sure it's offensive. And yes, I'm giving the interrogators the benefit of the doubt because it is beyond comprehension as to why they would use the tactic to get something out of a person or two. They are restricted from out and out torture and psychological torture takes it's place.

I have been told, recently, by a Sudanese man, that since he couldn't get a job here, that it was ok to [his words] "fuck their women, beat their women, and treat them bad" This means any Canadian woman that chooses to get involved with them.

How digusting is this? Where are our men jumping up and down in the streets in protest to protect us when the hatred for the West via its women is expressed by advocating physical and sexual violence within this community?

15/5/05 12:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home