Saturday, August 06, 2005

No Sharia International

I'm sorry I didn't post this link to No Sharia earlier although I did mention it in a post. It's an international collective against the implementation of the Islamic Sharia (Islamic legal tradition) into multi-cultural, secular and pluralistic societies. (There are limits to religious freedom).

I've spoken to Homa Arjomand, the director who encouraged me to get my story out. I wasn't able to contact her until recently to let her know I am, have, did, etc etc etc...

On the site you'll notice a petition to sign. If your able to take time to read why Sharia has been devastating for women in other countries and why it shouldn't be imposed in democracies like Canada's until our politicians acknowledge and accept to do something about the appalling state of the legal system here, then it shouldn't even be considered.

Once you read, you may feel comfortable with signing the petition. If your like me, I don't feel comfortable signing unless I know what I'm signing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home