Friday, September 09, 2005

Is FEMA Inept?

FEMA rife with ineptitude and political patronage - CTV reports

I am confident the American media will "have at them like a piniata" to quote an NBC journalist seen on the Jon Daily show. I just wish Canada's media were more like the bull-dogs they are when it comes to government accountability.

The only way the government will be held to account are for Bush and Republican propagandists to stop propagating and accept that their idols and party has responsibilities to accept for their roles. As the Democrat Governor of Lousiana. Having left a religious community that used propaganda on a daily basis, I have no tolerance for those involved in systemic denial.

" In the 24/7, split-screen, blog-drenched, unfiltered America, controlling the image and controlling the language go a long way toward controlling the blame.

[...]

Vice President Dick Cheney made his first trip to the Gulf Coast area Thursday, sleeves rolled up, concern on his face, empathy in his voice.

But a ceremonial visit is not enough. The difficulty so far for the administration has been making the images and words match the reality that people are seeing on their screens." - from the Chicago Tribune


It takes a lot of intestinal fortitude to accept ones mistakes, admit them and to act on changes so it doesn't happen again.

Poor America. My heart goes out to all those involved in the rescue efforts and that forcaster who sent the ominous report predicting based on scientific evidence, that what occurred was going to occur. This person or people involved with the National Weather Centre should be given a citation for doing their jobs well. (If I'm incorrect where the report came from, please let me know. I am assuming it from the NWC)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HR,
Also, there appear to be psychics working at Fox Television. About two months ago they aired a fictional documentary describing exactly the scenario that took place in NO, right down to a later incident in Houston (in the film it was a tanker collision, in real life it was a second hurricane). I remember seeing it and being unable to sleep that night, while G/F told me it "Couldn't ever happen here" she's the one losing sleep now...
I finally managed to find where I lost your link at, sorry I couldn't dig up any info on that publisher you asked me about...
Will keep reading, keep your ear to the ground for me, your insights are fantastic- not that I'm surprised.
-Avenger-

29/9/05 4:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home