Tuesday, September 13, 2005

It's That Time Again

It's that time again to put blogging aside to get some work done. I have a number of projects to finish that deserve my full attention. I'm encouraging readers to go to the archives to read up on past posts while I'm gone. Somehow I feel that my work is done here, now that Sharia law is no longer an urgent issue. But there are still legal fights ahead.

As for the story Journey into Conversion, I may make that a members only blog on its own. Any further parts to the story will be held off for now, as this is work done for the sake of getting out my story, not because it has to be done.

I want to leave on what I think are positive notes:

Bush has taken responsibility for what the federal government hasn't done in respnse to Katrina. This is the most intelligent and honourable action a leader could do. It shows, well, leadership. I admire this greatly mostly because our own Prime Minister is a weasel when it comes to leadership and responsibility. The same goes for a number of other Canadian politicians, Ministers and bureaucrats. I'll let Dalton McGuinty off the hook for these qualities only because of his recent Sharia decision.

The couple that ran St. Rita's Nursing Home in N.O are charged with 34 counts of negligent homicide. And so they should. This again, would NEVER happen in Ontario - see my posts on Randy Modgridge - why? Mostly because of hatred towards individuals with disabilities in Ontario. Again, I have a lot of respect for American justice. Canadian justice appears it's only about protecting those in power and their bureaucrats, it's not about protecting marginalized individuals.

Condolezza Rice has acknowledged looking at reasons for poverty in the 'Old South'. Admirable. Americans aren't afraid at looking at their problems and addressing them as a nation.

I'm feeling jealous that my own country doesn't behave with honour and responsibility, it makes me want to become an American. Why not? Half my family are Americans anyway...

All the best to my readers during my absense and blog on!

HR

2 Comments:

Blogger ABFreedom said...

Thanks for being so inspirational and for the insight.... That was a great explanation you provided re Shiria.
Don't be to long now ya here .. ;-)

We out here admire the Americans as well, we get slammed for it all the time.. ;-)

13/9/05 11:52 p.m.  
Blogger bob said...

Take care of yourself and, as always, keep me posted of your return.

14/9/05 1:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home