Friday, August 11, 2006

Squealer alert

Jeepers, I'm going to write something about this when I've got more time.

I've just come across the Board of Directors list for St. Joseph's Hospital in Hamilton. I appears that Tony Valeri is on the board as well as Dr. John Kelton the Dean of Medicine at McMaster. Kevin Smith the CEO of St. Joseph's hospital is also a professor at McMaster.

Talk about conflicts. This is the City of Conflicts. I think the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act was written with Hamilton in mind.

McMaster and St. Joe's, I've been told by a very respected doctor of medical research ethics that worked for St. Joe's, that what the doctor did by disclosing my name without my consent was illegal. He also told me that McMaster was worse at disclosing patient's names for clinical studies without consent than St. Joe's was. The problem is that both of these "professional" institutions would do it at all.

It is illegal but Marg Doma the Risk Manager at St. Joseph's in Hamilton says "they don't do anything illegal".

Riiiggght. Were's Squealer? Did he fall off his ladder?

As for Valeri, I don't see anything conflicting, yet. The only issue for me is that a guy who lied to the Federal Ethics Commissioner about his property and then to the Spectator could certainly influence the thinking of the other board members and their policies about "illegal" disclosure practices.

But still I wonder how much his influence had on St. Joe's or McMaster getting federal funding, if any?

You know, if it wasn't for bloggers then these stories wouldn't hit the front pages. HR was the first to contact a City Planner about Valeri's building permit explanation and posted it here before the Hamilton Spectator came up with the idea.

But I've heard Hyde nor Hare from The Spec - most likely because they read this blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home