Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I Love Law But...

I am not a lawyer. I am a citizen activist. After I went to court without a lawyer against my will in 1997, I chose to study the Charter of Rights and case law. I developed an absolute love for it and noticed my brain was wired to understand how to read it. Who knew?

Since you can't talk to lawyers normally without them making some offensive comment about the way women are wired to communicate, I learned their language. I learned to speak in clauses, cite legislation and court decisions. I was told I was "gifted" or "interesting" or "I should study law". Of course, they were just trying to get rid of me.

Well, since I have .25 cents to my name I am not able to go to law school (yet). And besides, I'm waiting for Mr. Murphy to SUE me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home