Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Katrina's After Effects

Update 10:15 pm August 31: Worse News

Since I'm in southern Ontario for medical treatment er um 'vacation' - Hamilton being the larger city but with the worst, incompetent and lack thereof of health care services I have ever experienced as an Ontarian - having 4 televisions, two radios and an internet connection has not kept me apprised of Katrina's approach. What was missing is cable because the one or two Canadian stations I get down here focus on how to fold sweat shirts or what's the latest pillow for your living room floor.

The majority of American stations have the events, Detroit's PBS is the best, but I had to wait for their daily newscasts. So that left me unaware of the complete devastation that IS occurring in Louisiana and Mississippi. It really is quite unbelievable. I feel very bad for America again (how many more devastations do they need to go through?) and wish the states that have been affected all the best.
n
Two levees have been breached with 80% of New Orleans under water and more levees are expected to break. MSNBC and CNN have the best updates I've found on the web so far.

I just wish our own Canadian leaders have acted like the Americans when the farmers had their severe drought. Chretien didn't even go out to see the farmers the SoB. I guess he preferred to covort with the Khadrs our home grown Islamic terrorists. As my sis says...our politicians are a reflection of us...sad but could it be true?

Now I've got that Led Zepplin song in my head...if it keeps on raining...Levee's gonna break...when the levee breaks have no place to stay...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home